Peter was named a partner at Cornelius & Collins, LLP in 2020, and currently chairs the firm’s Recruitment Committee. Peter’s areas of practice include employment law, personal injury, construction litigation, and general civil litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. He also assists clients in estate planning and probate administration. Peter is fluent in Spanish and often represents Spanish-speaking clients. He is admitted to practice before all state courts of Tennessee, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Tennessee, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Peter is active in the Nashville community and serves as a hearing committee member for the Board of Professional Responsibility for the Supreme Court of Tennessee. He previously served on the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors and as Co-Chair for the Davidson County Mock Trial Competition. He has been recognized for his pro bono work as an Attorney for Justice by the Tennessee Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission, and was selected to be part of the 2015-2016 class of the Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum. Peter was also named Mid-South Rising Star in the area of Labor & Employment in 2018 and 2019.
Peter obtained his law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2008. He received his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University in 2005, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Spanish. Peter is an active runner and cyclist, and lives in Nashville with his family.
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility Hearing Panel Member
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Davidson County High School Mock Trial Competition
- Friends of Nashville Public Library
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association